Theresa Cachuela, Hawaii: Mother of 3 Fatally Shot in Pearlridge Parking Garage. On December 23, 2023, Theresa Cachuela, a 33-year-old mother of three, was shot and killed in the Pearlridge Office Center parking lot in Hawaii. The incident is being investigated as a murder-suicide involving Theresa’s husband, Jason Cachuela, who was later found dead in Waipahu after fleeing the scene.
Police quickly responded to the shooting. Jason, 44, took his own life shortly after the incident. Their 6-year-old daughter bravely told the police that her father shot her mother in the head.
Relationship Issues and Legal Actions:
Theresa had filed a restraining order against Jason on December 8, seeking protection. They were in court two days ago, where a judge granted a one-year restraining order, directing both to stay away from each other, with limited contact allowed for child custody matters. Jason was also ordered to give up any firearms he had.
Remembering Theresa Cachuela:
Terrell Scott, Theresa’s cousin, wants people to remember Theresa as a dedicated mother and business owner. He emphasized her love for her kids and her efforts to protect them.
The tragic incident not only affects the immediate family but the entire community. Jose Rodriguez-Rosa, a Kailua resident, expressed sadness, especially during Christmas, as the children are left without their parents.
Legal Measures and Questions:
Despite legal actions taken to protect Theresa, questions arise about the effectiveness of restraining orders and dealing with domestic violence. The incident highlights the emotional toll on the children left behind.
Details In Short:
[Theresa Cachuela, Hawaii: Mother of 3 Fatally Shot in Pearlridge Parking Garage]
- Date: December 23, 2023
- Location: Pearlridge Office Center parking lot, Hawaii
- Victim: Theresa Cachuela, 33 years old
- Perpetrator: Jason Cachuela, 44 years old
- Incident Type: Murder-suicide
- Escape Vehicle: Gray Mazda
- Legal Measures: Theresa filed a restraining order on December 8; a family court judge granted a one-year restraining order two days ago.
- Children: The couple had three children; a 6-year-old daughter witnessed the incident.
- Community Impact: The tragedy has deeply affected the community, especially during the Christmas season.
- Witness Statement: Theresa’s cousin, Terrell Scott, remembers her as a dedicated mother and business owner, emphasizing her love for her children.
- Legal Action Outcome: Jason was ordered to surrender any firearms he owned; questions arise about the effectiveness of legal interventions in cases of domestic violence.
A1: Theresa filed a restraining order on December 8. A family court judge granted a one-year restraining order two days ago, instructing both to stay away from each other.
A2: Yes, recent court documents show a troubled relationship, with Theresa filing a restraining order against Jason, and the family court getting involved.
A3: The community expressed sadness, especially considering the impact on the children during the holiday season.